Raga and its Effects
1. Raga Pooriya Dhansari (Hamsanandi-Kamavardini ) – evokes sweet, deep, heavy, cloudy and stable state of mind and prevents acidity..
2. Raga Bageshri – arouses a feeling of darkness, stability, depths and calmness. This raga is also used in treatment of diabetes and hypertension.
3. Raga Darbari (Darbari Kanada) – is considered very effective in easing tension. It is a late night raga composed by Tansen for Akbar to relieve his tension after hectic schedule of the daily court life.
4. Raga Todi – give treamendous relief to patients of high blood pressure.
5. Raga Ahir-Bhairav (Chakravakam) – is supposed to sustain chords which automatically brings down blood pressure.
6. Raga Malkauns – helps to cure low blood pressure.
7. Raga Bhairavi – Provides relief T.B, Cancer, Severe Cold, Phlegm, Sinus, toothache .
8. Raga Malhar – Useful in the treatment of asthma and sunstroke.
9. Raga Todi– Provides relief from cold and headache.
10. Raga Hindol & Marava – These ragas are useful in blood purification.